Financial Management In The Small Business –
This course focuses on the role that financial management plays in the development and sustainability of a small business. This course provides a detailed review of forecasting, budgeting, daily cash flow management techniques and monitoring financial performance. Specifically, students will address funding, debt management, cash-flow management, financial planning, and capital budgeting from the small business perspective.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
- Develop financial planning goals and budgets for a small business.
- Estimate revenue and expenses for a small business.
- Determine the financial viability of a small business using ratio analyses.
Budgeting and Financial Statements
- Prepare a financial analysis using business financial statements.
- Perform a market analysis.
- Summarize a typical business cycle for a small business.
Funding and Debt Management
- Assess various venues for funding and debt management based on capital budgeting.
- Develop a financial prospectus for a small business.
Monitoring Financial Performance: Cash Flow Management
- Measure financial performance using business tracking tools, trend analyses, and problem-solving techniques.
- Analyze cash flow management options for small business.
Financial Planning and Growth
- Identify short and long term financing tools for an existing business.
- Analyze the dynamics of banking relationships that support the short and long term financial goals of an existing business.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.