Corporate Risk Management – fin415 (3 credits)
This course will provide students with the elements of corporate risk management in a competitive business environment. Emphasis will be placed upon the identification, measurement, management, and planning aspects of risk management, as well as trends and developments in the business environment. Insurance considerations in corporate risk management will also be addressed. Students will utilize newly acquired knowledge and techniques to develop a corporate risk management plan that will maximize value for the organization and stakeholders.
Corporate Risk: Analysis and Management
- Identify various risk management tools and techniques.
- Compare and contrast the various risk management tools and techniques.
- Utilize risk management tools and techniques.
Corporate Risk: Planning and Insurance
- Assess insurance components within risk management plans.
- Evaluate a risk management plan.
- Compare and contrast the elements of a risk management plan.
Corporate Risk: Strategies and Contemporary Issues
- Examine new trends and developments in risk management.
- Examine future risk management strategies.
Overview of Corporate Risk
- Define corporate risk terminology.
- Describe the types of risk.
- Explain the rationale behind risk management.
- Identify the benefits of risk management.
Corporate Risk: Measurement Techniques
- Identify techniques for measuring risk.
- Compare and contrast risk measurement techniques.
- Utilize risk measurement techniques.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.