fin370 | undergraduate
Finance For Business
topic title goes here
Capital Budgeting, Project Cash Flows, and Firm Leverage
- Calculate net present value, payback, internal rate of return, and the profitability index.
- Explain capital investment decisions and corporate cash flow.
- Illustrate capital budgeting including project cash flows and net present value.
- Describe break even analysis, financial leverage and operating leverage.
Finance, Cash Flow, and Financial Statement Analysis
- Define finance, financial management, goal of the firm and agency theory.
- Distinguish between the four basic financial statements; income statement, balance sheet, statement of stockholderâs equity and cash flow statement.
- Explain cash flow from assets and cash flow to creditors and stockholders.
- Distinguish between the various financial ratios used in financial statement analysis.
- Examine financial planning and the percentage of sales approach in creating proforma financial statements.
Risk and Return, Cost of Capital, and Dividend Policy
- Explain the concepts of diversification and Beta.
- Calculate the weighted average cost of capital.
- Evaluate dividend policy and the effect on corporate growth and cash flow.
- Summarize systematic and nonsystematic risk.
Working Capital Management, International Finance, and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Explain the operating and cash cycles for a firm.
- Describe the credit policy of the firm and its effect on operations.
- Assess the risks of international expansion and how to mitigate those risks.
- Apply the basic concepts of mergers and acquisitions.
Time Value of Money, Bond Valuation, and Stock Valuation
- Identify time value of money (TVM) concepts and their applicability to corporate financial analysis.
- Apply the five time value of money (TVM) inputs: Present Value, Future Value, Rate, Number of Periods, and Payment.
- Calculate the price and yield of a corporate bond using time value of money (TVM) inputs.
- Determine the value of common stocks using the dividend discount model.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.