This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Insurance: Protecting Your Interests
- Recognize the value of other forms of insurance, such as renter’s insurance, disability insurance, and long-term care insurance.
Evaluate health and life insurance options.
- Identify best practices for selecting home and car insurance.
Retirement Planning: Rules of the Road
- Identify reasons for and the importance of saving for your future.
- Determine best retirement investment strategies.
- Identify common retirement planning mistakes and ways to avoid them.
Investing: Laying the Ground Rules
- Evaluate factors that influence your investment decisions.
- Analyze the risks and rewards of investing in stocks and bonds.
- Analyze the risks and rewards of investing in different types of mutual funds.
- Describe ways to diversify investments.
Big-Ticket Items: Dreams Can Come True
- Evaluate the options of buying a car and leasing a car.
- Evaluate the options of buying a home and renting a home.
- Determine best strategies for buying a home and taking title.
- Identify best strategies for mortgage financing.
Introduction: Let's Get Real and Personal
- Evaluate your current financial status.
- Recognize the power of financial planning and budgeting.
- Identify key short- and long-term financial planning goals.
Consumer Debt: Becoming Debt-Free
- Differentiate between secured and unsecured debt and strategies to address each.
- Apply best practices for reducing credit card debt.
- Determine best strategies to manage student loan debt.
- Identify the importance of credit reports and strategies to build a strong credit score.
Un-cluttering Your Financial Life: Finding Your Path to Financial Freedom
- Determine effective strategies for managing your cash.
- Identify ways to improve your current financial status.
Family Finances: Kids and Money
- Determine best strategies for managing family finances.
- Describe best strategies for giving gifts and loans.
- Identify best strategies for saving for education.
Protecting Yourself and Your Family: What You Need to Know
- Evaluate considerations for preparing the four documents you must have to protect yourself and your family.
- Create the four documents you must have to protect yourself and your family.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.