fp125 | undergraduate
Personal Finance Fundamentals
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Big Ticket Items: Dreams Can Come True
- Identify best strategies for mortgage financing.
- Evaluate the option of buying a home and renting a home.
- Evaluate the option of buying a car and leasing a car.
- Determine best strategies for buying a home and taking title.
Consumer Debt: Becoming Debt-Free
- Determine best strategies to manage student loan debt.
- Identify the importance of credit reports and strategies to build a strong credit score.
- Apply best practices for reducing credit card debt.
- Differentiate between secured and unsecured debt and strategies to address each.
Intoduction: Let's Get Real and Personal
- Recognize the power of financial planning and budgeting.
- Identify key short-term and long-term financial planning goals.
- Evaluate your current financial status.
Family Finances: Kids and Money
- Determine best strategies for managing family finances.
- Describe best strategies for giving gifts and loans.
- Identify best strategies for saving for education.
Uncluttering Your Financial Life: Finding Your Path to Financial Freedom
- Determine effective strategies for managing your cash.
- Identify ways to improve your current financial status.
Protecting Yourself and Your Family: What You Need to Know
- Evaluate considerations for preparing the four documents you must have to protect yourself and your family.
- Create the four documents you must have to protect yourself and your family.
Insurance: Protecting Your Interests
- Identify best practices for selecting home and car insurance.
- Evaluate health and life insurance options.
- Recognize the value of other forms of insurance such as renter’s insurance, disability insurance and long term care insurance.
Retirement Planning: Rules of the Road
- Identify reasons for and importance of saving for your future.
- Determine best retirement investment strategies.
- Identify common retirement planning mistakes and ways to avoid them.
Investing: Laying the Ground Rules
- Evaluate factors that influence your investment decisions.
- Analyze risks and rewards of investing in stocks and bonds.
- Analyze risks and rewards of investing in different types of mutual funds.
- Describe ways to diversify investments.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.