gen195 | undergraduate
Foundations Of University Studies
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Recognize the importance of personal responsibility.
Evaluate goals using SMART criteria.
- Describe methods of collaboration.
- Describe various learning styles.
Effective Study Habits
- Identify effective study strategies and techniques.
- Identify the process of critical thinking.
- Examine ethics issues.
- Identify personal bias and emotion.
- Differentiate between academic and casual communication.
- Identify university resources required for student success.
Academic Reading Strategies
- Explain effective textbook reading.
- Recognize strategies for improving reading comprehension.
- Construct an academic paragraph.
- Create a short presentation.
- Perform research in the University Library.
- Identify sources of information that help with personal academic and career planning.
- Demonstrate the key elements of the writing process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.