gen201 | undergraduate
Foundations For University Success
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explain academic integrity.
- Develop a thesis statement.
- Identify key elements of the writing process.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Describe the critical thinking process.
- Identify the relationship between personal bias and decision making.
- Apply effective reading strategies.
Discovering Yourself and Academic Readiness
- Define academic readiness.
- Identify personal learning styles.
- Identify the factors that influence academic success.
- Identify university resources for success.
- Explain the importance of responsible borrowing
- Demonstrate summarizing, paraphrasing, and quoting information from various sources.
- Explain how to determine credibility and bias when using supporting sources.
- Perform research in the University Library.
Professional Competence and the Road Ahead
- Identify personal career interests and discover job market opportunities.
- Develop a plan to use course topics and materials for future success.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.