glg230 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Mesozoic and Cenozoic Time
- Describe Mesozoic and Cenozoic climate and tectonics.
- Assess the evolution and extinction of the dinosaurs.
- Assess the evolution of mammals.
Introduction to Historical Geology and Geologic Time
- Define historical geology .
- Determine relative geologic time using the principles of earth history.
- Identify earth materials within the rock cycle.
- Apply relative and absolute geologic time.
Classification and Evolution of Life on Earth
- Classify the ecology of life.
- Describe fossils and how they form.
- Determine evolutionary and phylogenetic patterns.
Earth and its Dynamic Evolution!
- Compare plate tectonics to the evolution of the earth.
- Determine the origin of the universe and solar system.
- Identify the scientific explanation of the origin of life.
- Compare modern and ancient sedimentary environments.
Proterozoic and Paleozoic Time
- Recognize the evolution of Proterozoic and Paleozoic cratons.
- Identify the development of the early atmosphere and oceans.
- Describe the Proterozoic and Paleozoic climate and life.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.