hca210 | undergraduate
Introduction To Health Care: Riding The Fourth Wave
topic title goes here
History - Industry
- Identify the ancillary services that support the health care industry.
- Describe how health care industry has changed over the last 50 years.
Major Health Care Providers
- Describe the scope of the medical and nursing profession.
- Explain key issues and challenges facing major health care providers.
- Identify education, licensure, and certification requirement for major health care providers.
- Describe the continuum of health care and service providers.
- Identify the purpose of additional providers in the health care workforce.
Business and Management for Health Care
- Describe major business functions of the health care industry.
- Identify key administrative management roles and functions.
Economic Costs of Health Care
- Explain the economic causes and implications of health care spending and costs.
- Describe the health care benefits offered through Medicare and Medicaid.
- Identify key functions and incentives of health maintenance organizations.
Regulatory in Health Care
- Describe the potential impact of health care reform on health care delivery.
- Explain how regulations impact health care managers and workers.
Technology in Health Care
- Describe technological advances and the impact on health care delivery.
- Explain how electronic medical impacts health care delivery.
Future Trends and Global Impact of Health Care
- Identify future trends in health care.
- Describe the global impact in heath care.
History and Overview of the U.S. Health Care System
- Describe the evolution of health care delivery in the United States.
- Identify cultural and demographic factors contributing to health care in the United States.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.