hca230 | undergraduate
Communication Skills For Health Care Professionals
topic title goes here
- Create a presentation using communication principles.
- Identify the principles of cross-cultural communication.
- Explain cross-cultural communication differences and barriers.
Modes of Communication
- Explain how technology influences communication.
- Describe verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Explain methods of promoting collaborative communication.
- Describe elements of supportive and defensive communication climates.
- Identify the importance of interpersonal relationships.
- Explain elements of interpersonal communication.
- Describe different types of conflict.
- Explain the five styles of conflict management.
Introduction to Communication
- Explain the role perception plays in communication.
- Describe the major components of communication.
- Describe problem-solving steps used by teams.
- Identify the benefits and characteristics of effective teams.
- Apply communication principles to health care.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.