hca240 | undergraduate
Health & Diseases: Understanding Pathos Of Pathology
topic title goes here
Diseases of Blood and the Musculoskeletal System
- Identify the causes, symptoms, and treatment of blood disorders.
Explain the components and function of blood.
- Describe the causes, symptoms, and treatments of musculoskeletal disorders.
Immunity, Infectious Diseases, and Cancer
- Describe the basic structures and functions involved in an inflammatory response.
- Describe the causes, symptoms, and treatment of cancer.
- Outline the consequences of infectious disease on human health.
Diseases of the Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Identify the causes, symptoms, and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- Contrast normal with abnormal functions of the respiratory system.
Diseases of the Gastrointestinal System
- Explain the impact of lifestyle on normal functions of the gastrointestinal system.
- Describe the causes, symptoms, and treatments of gastrointestinal disorders.
Diseases of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
- Identify causes, symptoms, and treatment of urinary tract diseases.
- Describe causes, symptoms, and treatment of reproductive tract diseases.
- Describe the structures and functions of the male and female reproductive tracts.
Diseases of the Endocrine System
- Identify the components and functions of the endocrine system.
- Describe the relationship of glandular activity to dysfunction in target organs.
- Examine the management and effects of diabetes.
Wrap-up of Human Diseases
- Examine the impact of disease trends on the delivery of health care services.
Mental Illness and Diseases of the Nervous System
- Explain the signs, symptoms, and treatment associated with mental illnesses.
- Outline the causes, effects, and treatment of nervous system diseases.
- Describe environmental and biological factors associated with mental illness.
Introduction to Human Health and Disease
- Describe the relationship between the environment and human health.
- Describe health risks associated with changing demographics.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.