hcis420 | undergraduate
Information Systems Risk Management In Health Care
This course identifies and defines the types of risks that information systems professionals need to consider during the development and implementation of health care information systems. This course will survey remedies and prevention techniques available to address risk and security management. Health care organizational policies and current regulatory considerations will also be examined relative to development, implementation and use of computer based information systems.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Risk Management Planning and Risk Identification
- Describe the steps in identifying risks in a health care IT project.
- Describe the elements of risk management planning.
- Explain techniques for quantitative risk analysis.
- Explain techniques for qualitative risk analysis.
- Analyze techniques for risk monitoring planning.
- Analyze techniques for risk response planning.
Comprehensive Risk Management Plan
- Develop a comprehensive risk management plan for a healthcare organization.
Health Care IT Organizational Structures and Functions
- Identify the different types and levels of health care organizations.
- Explain the role of IT in facilitating interdisciplinary communication in a healthcare organization.
- Examine the IT organizational structures and functions for various types and levels of healthcare organizations.
Health Care IT Regulatory Considerations
- Identify the major regulatory requirements that have a direct effect on IT in a health care organization.
- Describe how security and privacy laws affect the design and operation of IT systems in a health care organization.
- Identify the role of IT in monitoring compliance with the organization’s risk management policies and plans.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.