hcp220 | undergraduate
Pharmacy Calculations: Just For Good Measure
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Compare and contrast components of prescription and drug labels.
- Suggest strategies for ensuring the rights of drug administration.
Drug Dosage Calculations
- Convert the dosage ordered to the desired dose by using the conversion factor and the ratio and proportion methods.
- Determine the amount of a medication to administer by using the ratio and proportion, proportion, and formula methods.
Oral and Injectable Drug Doses
- Measure drugs using calibrations on equipment.
- Calculate the amount of a drug to be given orally or by injection.
- Discuss appropriate equipment for dosage and delivery of oral and injectable drugs.
Intravenous Fluid and Drug Therapy
- Identify various types of IV equipment.
- Calculate appropriate dosages and flow rates for IV medications.
- Determine safe dosages for pediatric patients.
Basic Math Skills, Part II
- Solve mathematical equations using proportions.
- Perform various mathematical functions using ratios and percents.
- Identify mathematical terminology.
- Perform basic pharmaceutical calculations.
- Distinguish appropriate drug equipment and approved pharmaceutical procedures.
- Discuss best practices for pharmacy technicians.
Basic Math Skills, Part I
- Discuss the skills a pharmacy technician must master.
- Perform various mathematical functions involving fractions and decimals.
- Identify symbols used for measurement.
- Describe aspects of different measurement systems.
- Calculate equivalent measurements within the metric system.
- Convert measurements using metric, apothecary, and household systems.
- Convert measurements of time and temperature.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.