hcs430 | undergraduate
Legal Issues In Health Care: Regulation And Compliance
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Legal and Regulatory Environment of Health Care
- Explain how health care laws are created.
- Evaluate the impact of local, state, and federal laws on the health care industry.
- Analyze the regulatory issues and trends that impact the health care industry.
- Evaluate the impact of legal and regulatory requirements on the development of organizational health care policies.
Organizational and Professional Responsibility
- Identify agencies that impact regulations in the health care industry.
- Analyze the role of accreditation and regulatory agencies in the health care industry.
- Explain elements of negligence and intentional torts that could impact risk and quality management for health care organizations.
- Evaluate standards of care and potential liability for health care professionals and organizations.
Patients, Providers, and Third-Party Payers
- Explain the state and federal statutory and regulatory enactments relative to patient rights and responsibilities.
- Describe the principles of the various types of patient consent and the impact on the health care industry.
- Evaluate the status of provider rights and responsibilities in the delivery of health care.
- Describe the legal issues and applicable laws that regulate third-party payers.
Health Care Contracts, Fraud, and Liability
- Explain the types and elements of contracts that are applicable to health care providers.
- Evaluate various forms of health care fraud.
- Evaluate civil and criminal penalties associated with fraudulent activities.
- Analyze medical liability for health care organizations and providers.
- Identify strategies to protect the health care facilities from liability issues.
Health Care Privacy, Information Technology Management, and Security Issues
- Differentiate all statutory, regulatory, and common law requirements of confidentiality in the health care industry.
- Analyze the legal and ethical implications of using technology in the health care industry.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.