Health Care Policy: The Past And The Future – hcs455 (3 credits)
This course will introduce the student to the intricate processes that public policymakers use to influence the health status of a society. The role of economic theory, interest groups, and the various levels of government involved in policymaking will be examined. A historic review of trends will be evaluated, and the challenges of future health care delivery will be examined.
Health Care Policy and Delivery
- Describe the role of various government institutions in delivery of health care policy initiatives.
- Discuss the impact that federal and state budget management can have on health care policy.
Politics and Health Care Policy
- Discuss the impact of political influences on health care policy outcomes.
- Describe the relationship of government and politics on health care policy.
- Discuss the relationship of special interests groups to health care policy development.
Future Issues in Health Care Policy
- Describe the challenges facing health care policy in the future.
- Identify the issues and trends surrounding access to health care.
The Process of Health Care Policy
- Identify the major components of health care policy evaluation and revision.
- Identify the major components of health care policy formulation and implementation.
- Describe the purpose and methodologies for establishing and evaluating the policy process.
Health and Health Care Policy
- Discuss the historical framework for the development of health care policy.
- Identify the various health and societal issues that motivate health care policy.
- Identify the various stakeholders in the health care policy process.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.