Health Care Research Utilization –
This course introduces the students to the purpose and process of research as applied in health care. Students will examine the role of statistics and various research methods. In addition, students will analyze the key elements of evidence-based research within health care.
Defining Research and the Research Process
Describe the components of the research process.
- Identify research methodologies.
- Explain the role of literature reviews in the research process.
Ethics and Data Collection in Human Research
Analyze ethical implications in human research.
Differentiate between quantitative and qualitative research.
Describe how data is collected and measured in health care research.
Explain the application of statistics in the data collection process.
Differentiate between descriptive and inferential statistics.
Describe the implications of the statistical significance of research results.
Utilization of Research
Describe the utilization of research in health care.
Describe the process used to determine the validity and reliability of research.
Trends in Health Care Research
Discuss the impact of research on consumers' perspectives on health care.
Explain future trends in health care research.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.