Leadership And Performance Development –
This course provides students with an overview of leadership theories to assist in the development of effective leadership skills. Students will discuss workplace change and the leader’s role in the change process as well as examining and analyzing effective performance indicators for staff and organizational goals.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
- Differentiate between leadership and management.
- Discuss leadership theories.
Change is Constant
- Identify elements of an effective health care work group.
- Identify roles and responsibilities of management and leadership within the health care industry.
- Construct a conflict management plan.
- Discuss the manager’s role in implementing change.
Role of the Leader
- Summarize the importance of accountability.
- Identify tools for motivating and empowering staff.
- Explain the delegation process.
- Summarize the problem-solving process.
- Examine the decision making process in a real-world context.
- Examine ethical considerations in leadership within health care.
Building for Leadership
- Discuss positive modeling and mentorship.
- Apply the decision making process to a health care leadership decision.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.