Health Care Consumer - Trends And Marketing – hcs490 (3 credits)
In this course students will have the opportunity to examine the traits, trends and needs of today's health care consumer. Students will examine current consumer information for readability, implications for the selection of products and services and differentiation of health care web sources.
Challenges Facing Consumers
- Describe reliability of health care information sources.
- Compare consumer health care coverage options.
- Identify health care costs for consumers.
- Identify the challenges related to alternative health care products and services.
- Explain factors contributing to consumer choice of health care providers.
Safety and Quality Issues Facing Consumers
- Describe the government’s impact on consumer choices.
- Explain the importance of privacy in health care.
- Describe the impact of government agencies on products and services available to the health care consumer.
Consumer Driven Market
- Describe the impact of chronic disease wellness programs on health care costs.
- Describe the impact of changing demographics on the health care market.
- Explain the relationship between consumer choices and the health care market.
Present and Future Roles of Communication
- Compare modes of communication within the health care market.
- Explain the impact of media and social networking on consumer choices.
- Describe modes of effective communication between providers and consumers.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.