Marketing For Health Care – hcs539 (3 credits)
This course examines marketing principles as they are applied within various health delivery systems. Special attention is focused on consumer behavior, market segmentation, environmental scanning, and identification of new market opportunities. The role of social marketing, data base research, and evaluation design and interpretation are addressed.
Marketing Research and SWOT Analysis
- Develop market segmentation strategies.
- Prepare a comprehensive SWOT analysis.
- Explain the correlation between marketing strategy and target audience characteristics.
- Explain the role of market research in health care.
Positioning and Differentiation Strategy, and Competitive Analysis
- Determine strategies and tactics for positioning and differentiation to use in health care marketing.
- Explain the role of pricing in health care marketing.
- Describe the role of competitive analysis in determining current and future place in the market.
- Describe characteristics of the competition.
Promotion and Public Relations
- Analyze key factors influencing the selection of promotional alternatives.
- Identify effective marketing communications tools used in the promotion of products or services in health care.
- Explain the need for public relations in health care.
- Determine effective utilization strategies for social media in health care.
Personal Sales Process, Ethics, and Distribution
- Explain the sales process and how it is utilized.
- Analyze the role of ethics and patient privacy in health care marketing.
- Evaluate distribution strategies.
Marketing Plan and Evaluation
- Design a comprehensive health care marketing plan.
- Propose methods to monitor marketing performance.
Overview of Health Care Marketing
- Compare marketing types.
- Explain the basic components of marketing.
- Describe the environment of marketing strategy as it applies to health care.
- Explain the relationship between health care marketing partnerships.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.