Measuring Performance Standards –
Quality improvement initiatives rely upon data from monitoring program implementation and evaluating program outcomes to determine achievement of program objectives. The processes of developing and revising monitoring and outcome measures are used to help determine progress toward meeting accreditation and regulatory standards.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
- Examine the foundational frameworks of quality improvement.
- Explain the purpose of quality management in the health care industry.
- Identify external quality monitors and available resources that impact quality improvement.
- Describe consumer utilization of external quality indicators.
- Examine the utilization of stakeholder feedback on the quality improvement process.
Quality Data Collection
- Identify various data collection tools used in performance measurement.
- Compare and contrast tools to measure and display data.
Managing and Improving Quality
- Analyze various methodologies for integrating quality improvement strategies into performance measurements.
- Summarize the utilization of information technology applications as a component of quality management.
- Identify the involvement of benchmarking/milestones in managing the utilization of quality indicators.
Implementing and Revising
- Examine measures used to monitor and revise quality program implementation.
- Evaluate strategies for meeting regulatory and accreditation standards within health care organizations.
- Analyze barriers that can interfere with the implementation or revision of quality measures.
- Discuss future trends and challenges in health care quality improvement.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.