Health Care Vocabulary –
This course provides students with a foundational set of basic health care vocabulary that relates to a variety of health care work settings. Students will review terms and concepts related to the structure and professions within the health care delivery systems. In addition, students will also explore terminology related to body systems and common diseases and treatments associated with these systems.
Health Care Overview
- Identify components of the health care system.
- Describe the impact of technology on health care.
- Describe health services and their functions.
- Identify the roles of health care delivery systems.
- Identify the career spectrum within the health care industry.
- Differentiate between roles of health care professionals.
- Identify various health care employers and industries in your local communities.
- Identify body systems and functions.
- Identify prominent health issues in the United States.
- Identify valid resources available for consumers.
- Differentiate between community, state, and federal resources.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.