Undergraduate Nursing Studies –
The course is designed to aid adult learners in acquiring or improving critical thinking, teamwork, research, and communication skills, which are necessary at the University of Phoenix. Students will develop strategies for achieving educational goals that will help them be successful in the undergraduate program as well as in their professional development. Students will also be introduced to the University Library and the Center for Writing Excellence and learn how to access those resources successfully.
Techniques for Academic Success
- Identify university resources required for student success.
- Develop strategies for monitoring progress towards goal achievement.
Strategies for Teams
- Express the benefits and challenges of working and learning in teams.
- Examine strategies for enhancing team performance.
Written Communications Basics
- Use prewriting techniques in developing a formal paper.
- Prepare a formal paper using format that is consistent with American Psychological Association guidelines.
Researching Information and Presenting Findings
- Recognize sources of information for validity, reliability, and accuracy.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.