hcs320 | undergraduate
Health Care Communication Strategies
topic title goes here
Introduction to Health Care Communication
- Identify basic rules for successful health care communication.
- Describe the changing roles and applications of health care communication
- Identify basic elements in the communication process.
Communication Channels in a Variety of Organizations
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using different types of communication in health care organizations.
- Identify how regulatory issues influence communication in health care organizations.
- Determine the internal communication challenges in a health care organization.
- Identify examples of external communication challenges with private and public sectors.
- Explain common obstacles to successful group communication.
Communication and Information Technology
- Compare various technologies affecting communication.
- Describe effective uses of technology for enhancing communications.
Communications in Emergencies
- Explain the differences in communication processes in crisis situations.
- Analyze the media opportunities during both a management crisis and a management success.
Current and Future Change in Communication
- Recognize why communication campaigns adapt over time.
- Describe the changing role of social media in health care.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.