hcs350 | undergraduate
Health Care Communication
topic title goes here
Introduction to Health Care Communication
- Describe the significance of professional health care communication.
- Identify various attributes of written, oral, and nonverbal communication in a health care setting.
- Explain strategies to improve personal and professional communication in health care settings.
Collaborative Communication and Therapeutic Interventions
- Examine a group’s success in conducting a meeting or completing a task.
- Analyze the importance of collaboration in the roles of caregiver, patient, family members, designer, coordinator, and manager of care.
- Discuss collaborative communication and therapeutic interventions to improve care for health care clients, patients, family members, and the community.
Advanced Communication Skills
- Compare the difference between effective and ineffective communication.
- Identify communication techniques in professional situations.
- Demonstrate alternative communication techniques in professional situations.
Describe effective communication skills necessary for successful delegation.
Principles and Theories of Therapeutic Communication
- Describe the effects of diversity, ethnicity, and culture on health care communication among patient, family members, designer, coordinator, and manager of care.
Discuss theories and theorists attributed to effective therapeutic communication in health care.
- Demonstrate the principles of effective interpersonal communication in the roles of designer, coordinator, and manager of care.
Communication Challenges and Solutions
Determine stress and crisis management for resolving communication challenges in health care situations.
Explain communication dynamics in disaster and mass trauma situations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.