hcs405 | undergraduate
Health Care Financial Accounting
This course provides an understanding of the general principles of accounting applied in the health care environment. It includes an overview of sources of revenue for various health care entities. The fundamentals of financial planning, cost concepts, capital budgeting, and management analysis are applied in the health care environment. Issues surrounding the development and management of budgets are also examined.
topic title goes here
Management Reporting and Analysis
- Describe the financial concepts related to health care staffing.
- Explain the use of trend analysis.
- Summarize the utilization of forecasting and comparative data.
- Identify key financial ratios.
Overview of Health Care Finance
- Describe the four segments that comprise a financial management system.
- Define basic health care finance terms.
- Identify financial reporting practices and ethical standards of conduct.
Future Technology Applications in Finance
- Explain the future trends in health care finance technology.
Budgeting and Cost Classification
- Describe the process for creating an operating and a capital budget.
- Analyze costing methods in the health care industry.
Financial Reporting and Financial Performance
- Describe the annual report and financial statements of a health care organization.
- Explain the utilization of health care revenue sources.
- Describe how revenues and expenses are grouped for planning and control.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.