hcs440 | undergraduate
Economics: The Financing Of Health Care
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Future of Economics in Health Care
- Describe the major issues that could have an economic effect on health care in the future.
- Identify the drivers and barriers for health care reform.
An Overview of Health Care Economics
- Define basic health care economic terms.
- Examine the history and evolution of heath care economics.
- Describe the flow of health care funding.
Current Economic Trends in Health Care
- Describe the influence of government on health care economics.
- Identify the effect of lifestyle choices on the demand for health care services.
- Determine the major types of markets associated with health care.
Health Care Spending
- Describe the various payment sources and mechanisms in the health care industry.
- Identify the major sources of health care spending.
- Summarize the impact of marketing on health care spending.
- Discuss the effect of heath care spending on supply and demand.
Health Care Resources
- Identify the major health care payers that affect economics.
- Explain the role of heath care providers on economics.
- Describe the utilization of cost-benefit analysis in health care.
- Identify common methods and tools used to address financial and economic challenges in the health care industry.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.