Leadership And Performance Development – hcs475 (3 credits)
This course provides students with an overview of leadership theories to assist in the development of effective leadership skills. Students will discuss workplace change and the leader’s role in the change process as well as examining and analyzing effective performance indicators for staff and organizational goals.
- Examine ethical considerations in leadership within health care.
- Explain the delegation process.
- Summarize the problem-solving process.
- Examine the decision making process in a real-world context.
Building for Leadership
- Discuss positive modeling and mentorship.
- Apply the decision making process to a health care leadership decision.
Change is Constant
- Identify roles and responsibilities of management and leadership within the health care industry.
- Identify elements of an effective health care work group.
- Construct a conflict management plan.
- Discuss the manager’s role in implementing change.
- Differentiate between leadership and management.
- Discuss leadership theories.
Role of the Leader
- Summarize the importance of accountability.
- Identify tools for motivating and empowering staff.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.