hcs514 | Graduate
Managing In Today's Health Care Organizations
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Organizational and Management Theory
- Explain the difference between management and leadership.
- Describe organizational theories.
- Compare management theories and styles.
- Explain how accountability affects the behavior of an organization.
Decision Making and Planning
- Describe steps to make a decision.
- Apply tools and techniques to aid decision making.
- Analyze the use of planning in an organization.
- Explain the impact of organizational culture on health care services.
- Analyze how organizational behavior affects quality, competition, and human relations.
- Analyze how job design, work processes, and performance expectations affect organizational outcomes.
- Determine appropriate HR functions for a health care organization.
- Determine strategies for effective communication.
- Explain ethical and legal concerns for a health care organization.
Individual Performance Management
- Compare major motivational theories and their application to health care organizations.
- Explain the relationship between quality employees and a quality organization.
- Determine strategies for creating a cultural environment for excellence.
- Describe how changes in the health care industry affect an organization.
- Explain how internal factors affect change in health care organizations.
- Forecast future challenges and benefits of health care organizations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.