hcs525 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Vision and Power of Leaders
- Create a personal definition of leadership that reflects essential elements.
- Describe the key elements of mentoring and coaching in a health care environment.
- Determine appropriate organizational and employee performance measures that that successful mentors and coaches use.
- Analyze the positive and negative applications of power.
- Analyze the concept of followership and the impact on leader relationships.
- Describe empowerment strategies used by health care leaders.
- Analyze the benefits of interdisciplinary healthcare relationships.
Decision-Making in Leadership
- Identify problem-solving models used in health care.
- Examine leadership qualities involved in risk taking.
- Propose a process health care leaders can use to promote organizational change.
- Examine the social and cultural issues that leaders face.
- Analyze the ethical responsibilities of a leader in the health care environment.
Leadership of the Future
- Examine the essential characteristics needed for future heath care leaders.
Theories and Models of Leadership
- Identify the different skill sets for leaders in health care in the 21st century.
- Discuss the various types of leadership theory and how they apply to health care.
- Examine the essential elements of health care leadership.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.