Health Care Organizations And Delivery Systems –
This course is a comprehensive approach to health care delivery systems that provides the student with an in-depth understanding of health systems and organizations. Students will examine historical evolutions of the health care industry and recent impacts that influence the delivery of health care.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Evolution of Health Care
- Describe the historical evolution of the U.S. health care.
- Explain the implications of beliefs and values on the health care system.
- Identify events that stimulate change in the health care systems and services.
Health Care Service Delivery
- Describe the types of health care delivery environments.
- Analyze the challenges of accessing health care services.
- Describe how technology impacts health care delivery.
The Organization of Health Care
- Examine the distribution of providers, services, and products in the health care continuum.
- Identify various workforce roles that contribute to the array of health care services.
- Contrast the roles and the impact of professional health care organizations on the health care industry.
Impact of Finance and Regulations in Health Care
- Identify types of payment systems designed for the delivery of health care.
- Analyze the growth of national health care expenditures and regulatory cost measures.
- Describe the impact of legislation on health care.
Population-Based Health Care Delivery
- Describe the concepts of population health on health care delivery.
- Identify strategic indicators used to plan for community health care needs.
Future Trends in Health Care Delivery
- Describe consumer-driven interactions and their influence on health care delivery.
- Discuss future trends and challenges in service delivery for health care organizations.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.