hcs535 | Graduate
Concepts Of Population Health
topic title goes here
- Examine the relationship of public health within the health care system.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of public health workers.
- Describe the core functions of public health.
Population Health Data Sources
- Examine the models and systems utilized to determine and analyze population health issues.
- Analyze the utilization of epidemiology tools within other areas of the health care system.
- Describe the concept and uses of epidemiology through surveillance systems.
Population Health Determinants
- Describe the role of standards and their use in determining population health concerns.
- Examine the difference between an individual- and population-based focus of health care.
- Examine the implications and targets identified in nationally defined objectives for population health.
- Analyze the accuracy of data to support public health interventions.
Assessment and Planning for Population Health
- Analyze techniques available to determine the health status of a target population.
- Describe the role of a community-based planning process and its uses in population health.
- Differentiate between institutional and community leadership roles for the identification of population health objectives.
- Identify the role of social marketing used in the advancement of population health.
Evaluation of Population Health
- Identify approaches to assessing health and wellness of populations.
- Examine the social, economic, and cultural factors related to improving the health of target populations.
- Summarize the use of epidemiology or other data models to support managerial decisions.
- Examine the challenges to improving the health and safety of future populations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.