Evaluation Methodology – hcs549 (3 credits)
This course provides the student with the research methodology for health services research. Models of evaluation are examined and components such as stakeholder analysis, cost benefit effectiveness, decision-modeling, and statistical techniques are applied to decision making in health care organizations.
- Recommend an appropriate evaluation design/model.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of data collection sources.
- Distinguish between research and program evaluation.
Data Collection Methods
- Integrate data collection methods into the program evaluation plan.
- Analyze threats to the data collection process.
- Compare and contrast the application of qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods.
Data Analysis in Program Evaluation
- Recommend appropriate data analysis procedures.
- Distinguish between practical and statistical significance.
- Discern the essential elements needed in a program evaluation report.
Overview of Program Evaluation
- Examine the purpose for program evaluation.
- Identify various program evaluation models.
- Examine the role of the program evaluator.
- Examine the role of program goals and objectives for the evaluation process.
- Define the steps and phases of the program planning and evaluation.
- Analyze the role and inclusion of stakeholders involved in the evaluation process.
- Explain the role of needs assessment on the evaluation process.
- Describe appropriate sources available to complete a needs assessment.
- Critique utilization processes in the program evaluation process.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.