his356 | undergraduate
The History Of Africa
topic title goes here
Ancient and Medieval African Civilizations
- Describe ancient and medieval African culture.
- Compare the development and fall of ancient and medieval African civilizations.
- Explain how the involvement of European and Arabic traders affected ancient and medieval African civilizations.
- Explain how the development of the slave trade affected African society.
- Illustrate European imperial colonization.
- Compare African experiences under the administrative styles of European imperial powers.
- Compare the independence movements of African countries.
- Explain problems encountered by the newly emerging African countries.
- Trace developments leading to African independence.
- Debate the challenges of creating sustainable governments on the African continent.
- Analyze economic reforms proposed by African countries.
- Describe contemporary challenges plaguing the African continent.
- Locate physical and human features of Africa.
- Describe prehistoric African culture.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.