hs205 | undergraduate
Human Service Helping Process And Self-care
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Improving Social Functioning
- Describe barriers that inhibit rapport building.
- Analyze strategies that develop positive relationships.
- Discuss the importance of motivating and mentoring clients and demonstrate how this aids in client success.
- Identify skills, techniques, and tools necessary to facilitate meaningful communication with clients.
Understanding Ethical Principles in Human Services
- Examine the importance of understanding ethnic populations.
- Discuss client confidentiality and professional and ethical boundaries.
- Apply interventions which could empower vulnerable populations.
- Discuss how current laws impact the delivery of client services.
Essentials of Intervention and Treatment Process
- Explain the benefits and implications to behavioral interventions.
- Identify elements necessary to develop an effective individualized care plan.
- Discuss how identifying needs is paramount prior to linkage.
- Identify approaches to effective problem solving.
Self-Care and Resource Management
- Discuss the importance of self-care in human services.
- Identify causes of burnout within the human services field.
- Analyze methods to encourage self-care which can aid managing stress.
- Discuss self-care resources and strategies available for the human services professionals.
The Human Services Profession
- Identify historical events and societal trends which impact human services.
- Discuss how these trends affect human service delivery.
- Analyze various populations served by human services.
- Describe human development theories.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.