hsm220 | undergraduate
Human Services Admin: So You Want To Help People
topic title goes here
Excellence in Management
- Relate managers' responsibilities to organizational success.
- Identify the characteristics of a knowledge- and value-centered manager.
Managing Data and Information
- Discuss the steps involved in developing an integrated information management system.
- Explain how data and information are used to support human service organizations.
- Delineate the considerations for developing an integrated information management system.
Using Structure to Support the Mission
- Determine the importance of structure in organizational operations.
- Explain how organizational structure affects day-to-day operations in human service.
Understanding the Organization from a Systems Perspective
- Identify environmental factors that help an organization achieve optimal function.
- Determine the purpose and function of a mission statement for a human service organization.
- Evaluate mission statements of human service organizations.
Motivation and Reward Systems
- Compare and contrast intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
- Design an effective reward system.
Human Resources Planning
- Summarize the steps to achieve change in human resources.
- Identify the major protected classes covered by human resource law.
- Relate human resources activities to an organization's strategic goals.
- Analyze the impact of manager and subordinate consultation practices.
- Specify criteria to be used in a performance appraisal system.
- Evaluate professional organizations for the human service field.
- Develop a profile of the successful human service administrator.
Managing Financial Resources
- Create a budget for a human service organization.
- Differentiate between line-item, functional, and program budgeting.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.