hsn505 | Graduate
Introduction To Graduate Studies In Nursing
This course presents the University of Phoenix model and learning goals. A key focus of this course is an introduction to the role of masters-prepared nurses in professional practice. Topics include working in learning teams, academic honesty, graduate-level oral and written communication, APA guidelines, and professional presentations.
This graduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to the University of Phoenix and the College of Nursing
- Determine strategies for effective collaboration in teams.
- Compare various learning styles.
- Demonstrate the key elements of the online learning system.
Use various university student resources.
Personal Academic Success
Apply S.M.A.R.T. goal-setting strategies for academic success.
- Develop strategies for personal academic success based on self knowledge.
- Describe strategies for time and stress management.
Communication for Academic Success
- Determine ways to uphold academic honesty and avoid plagiarism.
- Demonstrate the key elements of graduate-level oral communication.
- Demonstrate the basics of APA writing style.
- Demonstrate the requisites of graduate-level written communication.
Research for Academic Success
- Discuss the relationship of evidence-based research to professional nursing practice.
- Identify the types of nursing resources available in the University Library.
- Integrate appropriate sources into graduate-level academic assignments.
Professional Academic Success
- Recognize the importance of life-long learning for the masters-prepared nurse
- Explain the significance of computer literacy in professional nursing practice
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.