hsn555 | Graduate
Human Resources In Health Care
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Analyze the effects of health care staff trends on human resource management.
- Clinical: Describe strategies to overcome staffing obstacles.
- Analyze the effects of care delivery trends on human resource management.
- Explore the significance of human resources management.
- Analyze the activities of proactive strategic management.
- Explain the role of organized labor in health care organizations.
- Clinical: Meet with your mentor and/or HR leader to discuss current staffing mix, numbers, and unions.
Legal and Ethical
- Explore federal and state laws pertinent to health care human resources.
- Evaluate internal human resources policies and procedures.
- Examine the role of ethical principles in human resources.
- Clinical: Review the organization’s diversity plan.
Human Resource Capital
- Describe the importance of a job analyses.
- Explore the process of employee recruitment and hiring.
- Compare and contrast retention strategies.
- Clinical: Complete a job analysis at the clinical location.
- Differentiate methods of employee evaluation.
- Explore the role of staff development in supporting organizational goals.
- Explain the importance of succession planning.
- Clinical: Complete a job analysis of each position at the clinical location.
- Categorize the types of employee benefits.
- Compare and contrast methods of employee compensation.
- Appraise preparation and evaluation strategies to meet health, safety, and preparedness needs.
- Clinical: Identify strategies to meet health, safety, preparedness needs in a health organization.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.