hsn575 | Graduate
Quality Management And Outcomes
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Planning Quality Practice
- Explain how to engage an interdisciplinary team to achieve health care quality.
- Clinical: Explore the role of effective meeting minutes and goal setting for quality planning.
- Compare and contrast quality improvement and risk management.
- Analyze the use of SMART goals to determine quality.
Application of Quality Practice
- Apply the use of total quality management philosophies to transform care.
- Examine the role of creative tension among disciplines to enhance care delivery.
- Clinical: Examine the role of senior leadership in quality improvement initiative.
Evaluation of the Quality Initiative Intervention Effectiveness
- Differentiate between types and appropriate use of quality measures for effective interventions.
- Describe the relationship between goals and the delivery of quality.
- Identify and compare various data collection tools used in performance measurement.
- Clinical: Discover the role of IT in the quality performance process.
Analyzing Results from the Quality Initiative Intervention
- Illustrate the process of appropriately interpreting results to improve quality.
- Compare tools used to report data.
- Clinical: Explore the topic of creating meaningful executive summaries evaluating quality improvement initiatives.
- Summarize the process of encouraging supporting quality throughout the organization.
- Explain the importance of transparency in ensuring a culture of quality.
- Outline the role of quality management in organizational disaster planning.
- Explore the ongoing process of quality continuum.
- Differentiate the role of various stakeholders on health care quality.
- Distinguish the similarities of quality between the manufacturing and health care industries.
- Examine the role of the nurse administrator to ensure quality in the health care organization.
- Determine role of regulatory and accreditation standards within health care organizations.
Threats to Quality
- Compare and contrast root cause analysis, SWOT analysis, and FMEA.
- Explain how levels of knowledge and skill attainment affect quality health care.
- Examine how components of the internal environment affect the delivery of quality care.
- Clinical: Explore the role of quality and risk in health care.
Health Care Models and Practice Policies
- Explore models focusing on nursing quality.
- Explore organization-centric models of quality.
- Examine health care management models and practice policies.
- Clinical: Explore the nursing quality model used in current day organizations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.