hst343 | undergraduate
The Middle East
topic title goes here
Challenges of a Jewish Nation-State
- Analyze regional and global effects of the Arab-Israeli wars.
- Analyze contributing factors that led to Arab-Israeli strife in the modern era.
The Modern Middle East
- Summarize political, social, and economic events that have influenced modern Iraq.
- Analyze recent trends shaping the modern Middle East.
The Challenges of Modernity
- Analyze the challenges to constitutionalism in Iran from 1905–1914.
- Summarize factors leading to the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire.
- Analyze Western political influence on the Middle East after World War I.
The Rise and Fall of Islamic Empire
- Describe the evolution of Islamic politics, culture, and economics from 7th-century Arabia to the early modern era.
- Summarize the impact Islam had on the Middle East and surrounding regions.
- Compare and contrast Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.
- Analyze factors that lead to the growth and subsequent waning of Islamic power.
Transformation of the Middle East after 1945
- Describe the role the Middle East played in World War II.
- Describe significant changes in Turkey and Iran from World War II through the 1970s.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.