htt221 | undergraduate
IT In Hospitality
topic title goes here
Information Technology as the Major Business Driver
- Describe the principles of audio and video equipment used particularly in the Meetings and Events Industry with emphasis on social networking and the use of communication devices.
- Recognize Information as a valued asset.
- Define the principles of Business Intelligence.
Information Technology Implementation
- Describe the basic concepts of Global Distribution Systems (GDS).
- Identify accounting methods that optimize expense, revenue and profit management.
- Describe basic principles of financial management and investment methods.
The Role of Information Technology in the Hospitality Industry
- Describe the importance of IT in the Hospitality Industry.
- Identify Information Technology as the power behind competitive advantage.
Information Technology: Hardware and Software
- Describe system hardware and software concepts for electronic devices.
- Describe basic concepts of Network technologies in relation to the Internet, E-Business and Web2.0.
- Describe database concepts and management systems (DBMS).
- Identify information security considerations.
Hospitality Management and Information Technology
- Describe basic concepts and components of a Restaurant Management System (RMS), and Point-of-Sale (POS) systems.
- Differentiate between proprietary versus non-proprietary RMS.
- Explain the concepts of guest lifecycle, and Property Management Systems (PMS).
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.