htt230 | undergraduate
Finance For Hosp Professionals: Bed & Balance Sheets
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Finance and Hospitality
- Describe the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) set forth by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Explain the importance of management involvement in financial decisions.
- Summarize the basic components of the primary financial statements.
The Accounting System
- Summarize the impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Explain the advantages of the CP3 accounting system.
- Analyze financial reports.
Understanding Financial Statements
- Describe the components of a ratio analysis.
- Apply the formula for a cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis.
- Identify data needed to make management-level financial decisions.
The Budget Process
- Describe the importance of working capital.
- Explain the factors to consider when forecasting accounts receivable, accounts payable, and credit card sales.
- Summarize the importance of controlling cash flow.
The Need for Growth
- Summarize growth strategies hospitality companies can utilize to achieve a steady growth in earnings.
- Identify the advantages sustained growth can provide a hospitality business.
Financing Business Growth
- Differentiate between the timeshare, condominium, and mixed-use financial schemes.
- Compare and contrast debt, equity, and weighted average cost of capital (WACC).
- Describe the types of loans and equity available to a company.
The Time Value of Money
- Assess the time value of money concept.
- Explain the considerations used to determine market value.
Analyzing the Investment
- Calculate payback period, return on investment (ROI), net present value (NPV), and internal rate of return (IRR).
- Explain debt service payments and amortization schedules.
Tying It All Together
- Review key financial concepts, skills, and tools a hospitality manager utilizes to maximize productivity and profit.
- Evaluate the financial health of a hotel based on financial statements.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.