htt240 | undergraduate
Food & Beverage Management: Eat, Drink, & Be Healthy
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Apply the ADA regulations used when planning a new food service facility.
- Generate application of concepts for facilities planning and design.
- Explain control concerns considered during the issuing process.
- Identify factors to consider when choosing wines, beers, and spirits.
- Weigh the variables that influence beverage pricing.
- Discuss concerns in the food service industry.
- Evaluate the food service plan for the Madison Metropolitan School District.
The Systems Approach
- Compare and contrast the major types of food service systems.
- Outline the systems concept and approach.
The Food Service Industry
- Discuss the development of present-day food services.
- Discuss issues that impact the food service industry.
- Identify the newest trends in the food service industry.
- Determine the impact of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Discuss the importance of preventative maintenance.
- Outline the principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Evaluate a menu on food characteristic and combinations.
- Plan a menu.
Purchasing and Receiving
- Debate the value of a periodic physical inventory versus computer-track inventory.
- Discuss the potential consequence of a poorly planned and monitored receiving process.
- Identify the most recent trends that influence purchasing in the food market.
Production and Service
- Identify the relationship between purchasing and production functions.
- Illustrate how service may be a functional subsystem and output.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.