hum105 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Heroes, Heroines, and Other Character Archetypes
- Describe universal functions and characteristics of mythological archetypes.
- Explain the hero’s quest and its broad application.
- Identify mythological archetypes in contemporary culture.
Sacred Places and Objects
- Explain the functions of sacred objects in mythology.
- Identify places and objects that may be considered sacred in contemporary culture.
- Explain the significance of sacred places in mythology.
Foundations of Mythology
- Explain how myths typify human experiences.
- Differentiate how the word myth is used popularly with how it is defined academically.
- Identify mythological themes that are universal among world cultures.
- Analyze the relationship between knowledge, belief, myth, and religion.
The Creation Cycle and Cosmic Myths
- Explain the role of the creator in various world myths.
- Discuss the cultural importance of cosmic myths.
- Identify the shared characteristics of common cosmic myths.
The Male and Female Divine
- Describe divine characteristics of male and female divinities.
- Compare divine female and male characters in ancient myths with similar roles found in contemporary culture.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.