hum111 | undergraduate
Critical And Creative Thinking
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Argument Analysis and Evaluation
- Summarize the steps to evaluate arguments.
- Identify fallacies used in written, oral, and visual arguments.
- Identify errors in reasoning.
- Explain how assumptions interfere with critical thinking.
Communicating Your Ideas
- Recognize approaches to achieve effective writing and speaking.
- Explain techniques to present ideas and persuade others effectively.
The Role of Questioning and Criticism
- Apply strategies to foster criticism in problem solving.
- Explain types of questions that lead to critical thinking.
Developing and Establishing a Foundation for Thinking
- Identify strategies to develop and improve your thinking.
- Identify your state of development in critical thinking.
Describe critical thinking.
- Distinguish problems from issues.
- Describe how to express problems and issues.
Critical Reading, Listening, and Viewing
- Clarify the importance of making distinctions in critical evaluation.
- Compare strategies for critical reading, listening, and viewing.
- Use techniques to detect bias and propaganda.
The Perception Process and Evaluating Thinking
- Compare methods for overcoming perceptual blocks that hinder thinking.
- Identify perceptual blocks that hinder thinking.
- Explain how thought processes are changed or manipulated by perception.
- Evaluate strategies to promote creative thinking and curiosity.
- Explain key methods for producing ideas.
- Identify sources of information when investigating a problem or issue.
- Compare the steps in refining solutions to a problem and resolutions of issues.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.