iop470 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Social Group Formation, Function, and Development
- Apply Tuckman's group development model to analyze organizational culture and human capital performance.
- Examine some of the key concepts in social group formation.
- Describe several benefits of group function within social groups.
Effective Working Groups
- Differentiate between the characteristics of groups versus teams.
- Describe characteristics that lead to an effective team communication style.
- Compare behaviors that contribute to both team cooperation and conflict.
Group Power, Leadership, and Decision-Making
- Investigate the various types of power and social influence in groups and how they shape the attitudes and behaviors of members.
- Apply a decision-making approach that leads to group consensus.
- Evaluate effective leadership approaches and communication styles within groups to advance differing organizational goals.
Group Motivation: Categorization and Influence
- Describe the concept of social categorization and how outcomes affect group performance.
- Diagram the desired outcomes and activities of three team building plans, and the similarities and differences between the plans.
- Examine psychological research on group motivation techniques, and apply the findings to identify an organizational group solution.
Group Diversity, Organizational and International Culture
- Explore the types of diversity that can exist in a group, and explain how group diversity influences an organizational environment.
- Explain how intergroup conflicts can erupt between groups.
- Evaluate dynamics of international culture and how they affect group behavior.
- Analyze an example of a transnational or cross-cultural group who uses successful strategies to contribute to group efficiency and cohesion in both a person-to-person and virtual environment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.