topic title goes here
Network Design Techniques
- Outline the pros and cons of various network design techniques.
- Prepare a comprehensive network design plan.
Wide Area Network Equipment
- Calculate bandwidth needs for wide area networks.
- Identify telecommunications network components.
Overview of Networks and Terminology
- Apply common networking terms.
- Identify the layers and functions of the OSI model.
- Determine reasons to create an onsite network for a company.
- Write cabling specifications for a given project.
- Name the various types of network topologies and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Wide Area Network Design
- Design a wide area network using existing hardware components.
- Describe how information travels through the network.
Business Uses for Networks
- Summarize common network protocols.
- Determine common applications that business users require in a networked office.
Network Remote Access
- Summarize remote access techniques.
- Justify a remote access solution.
Securing the Network
- Analyze basic network security principles.
- Assess potential solutions for disaster recovery.
Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Describe different backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Prepare a backup and disaster recovery plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.