it241 | undergraduate
Intro To W-LAN Technologies
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Securing and Managing a Wireless Network
- Identify types of wireless network attacks.
- Compare network monitoring tools and their uses.
- Explain basic wireless network maintenance functions.
- Analyze wireless LAN security protections and their vulnerabilities.
Future Wireless Technologies
- Summarize the uses of WPAN, WLAN, WMAN, and WWAN networks.
- Develop a plan for a wireless LAN.
Introduction to Wireless Technologies
- Identify various applications of wireless technologies.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of wireless networks.
How Wireless Works
- Calculate radio frequency gain and loss.
- Describe the role of antennas in radio wave transmission.
- Explain principles of radio wave transmission.
Wireless LAN Components and Standards
- Compare and contrast types of wireless networks.
- Identify the hardware devices used in a wireless LAN.
Wireless Physical Layer Standards
- Identify the purpose of the physical layer in the OSI reference model.
- Compare wireless modulation schemes used in IEEE wireless LANs.
Conducting a Site Survey
- Identify the benefits of performing a site survey.
- Describe the tools used in a site survey and their functions.
- Analyze building layouts for wireless network performance.
Planning, Designing, and Deploying a Wireless LAN
- Assess the need for a wireless network.
- Outline the steps for designing a wireless LAN.
- Explain the importance of providing user support.
- Design a layout for wireless LAN components.
Wireless MAC and Network Layer Standards
- Explain the benefits of Mobile IP.
- Describe the functions of the MAC layer in a wireless LAN.
- Compare wireless LAN configurations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.