This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Identify the risks and impacts of cyber crime.
- Describe the different types of cyber crime.
Physical Security Control and Operations Security
- Distinguish between logical and physical security.
- Outline the major categories of physical security threats.
- Outline the types of controls needed for secure operations.
- Identify the parts of a Physical Security Policy.
Physical Security Control and Operations Security (continued)
- Differentiate between the principle of least privilege and the principle of separation of duties.
Access Control Systems, Cryptography, and Network Security
- Describe how access control and authentication methodologies secure systems.
- Explain the concept of cryptography.
- Outline the roles of packet-filtering routers and firewalls and how they protect a network.
- Describe the two main classes of intrusion.
- List the characteristics of a good intrusion detection system.
Application Development Security
- Distinguish among several types of malicious software.
- Create an Information Security Policy.
- Explain the ring of trust model.
- Summarize the concept of a trusted computing base (TCB).
- Describe the Trusted Computer Security Evaluation Criteria.
Information Security Principles
- Explain the principles of information security.
- Differentiate among types of security policies.
- Describe the various parts of an effective Information Security Policy.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Describe the key elements of a Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Outline the steps involved in developing a Business Continuity Plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.