topic title goes here
The Role of Information Systems
- Describe the people, organizational, and technological components of an information system.
- Identify enterprise systems and their use in business.
- Explain the function of information systems in business.
- Explain how information systems help organizations use synergies, core competencies, and network-based strategies to achieve competitive advantage.
Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure: Hardware and Software
- Identify the components of IT infrastructure.
- List the major computer hardware, data storage, and input and output technologies used in business.
- Identify the major types of computer software used in business.
Telecommunication, the Internet, and Wireless Technology
- Explain how the Internet and Internet technology work, and how they support communication and e-business.
- Identify the principal technologies and standards for wireless networking, communication, and Internet access.
- Identify the principal components of telecommunications networks and key networking technologies.
Security, Ethics, and Social Issues
- Explain the business value of security and control.
- Identify important tools and technologies for safeguarding information resources.
- Debate the ethical, social, and political issues raised by information systems.
- Identify the five moral dimensions of the information age.
- Compare and contrast the types of electronic payment systems.
- Explain the effect of Internet technology on business models.
- Identify the unique features of e-commerce, digital markets, and digital goods.
- Explain how enterprise systems help organizations achieve operational excellence.
- Identify the challenges posed by enterprise applications.
- Describe how customer relationship management (CRM) systems help organizations achieve customer intimacy.
Building Information Systems and Managing Projects
- Explain the core problem-solving steps for developing new information systems.
- Compare and contrast alternative systems-building approaches.
- Compare and contrast alternative methodologies for modeling and designing systems.
- Explain best practices for information systems project management.
- Identify major concepts of IT.
Foundations of Business Intelligence, Decision-Making, and Managing Knowledge
- Explain the effect of database tools and technologies on business performance and decision-making.
- Explain the role of information policy and data administration in managing organizational data resources.
- Identify the types of systems used for enterprise-wide knowledge management.
- Identify the major types of knowledge work systems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.