This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Networking with Microsoft® Windows®
- Describe how to establish user rights and permissions.
- Explain how to assign work groups.
- Define the various network services in Microsoft® Windows®.
- Provide examples of threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits to networks and how they relate to each other.
- Explain the importance of maintaining security on a LAN.
Network Maintenance: Prevention and Recovery
- Categorize and describe the components of various types of computer viruses.
- Discuss the relevance of system backup for data protection.
- Explain the RAID system of data protection.
- Create a disaster plan for the purpose of network preservation.
Protocols and Services
- Outline simple network management protocol and how it is used.
- Discuss the concept of domain/addressing and dynamic DNS and DNS.
- Differentiate between web pages, web servers, and web access.
- Develop a plan for a local area network.
Local Area Networks
- Explain the purpose of a LAN and the benefits it can provide to its users.
- Differentiate between types of networks.
- Define basic LAN terminology.
- Explain how LAN operating systems work.
The OSI Model and Topologies
- Define key terms related to the OSI Model.
- Describe the functions of hardware connectivity devices and tools.
- Illustrate different LAN topologies.
- Differentiate between types of Internet connectivity.
- Plan an Ethernet LAN.
- Compare and contrast fat client and thin client concepts.
Introduction to TCP/IP
- Describe how to troubleshoot the TCP/IP network.
- Explain TCP/IP and the concept of addressing and allocation.
- Distinguish between various networking protocols.
- Plan a TCP/IP LAN.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.